- To join, renew or donate by mail, print and complete the and mail in to the address listed on the form along with your donation.
- To join, renew or donate online, use the Google checkout below. Please also print and complete the 2013 TLA Membership Form and mail it to the address listed on the form.
- Once yearly, you will receive a membership and donation form to renew your membership.
- As a benefit to members, you will receive regular e-newsletters updating you on the latest news on Tomahawk Lake and free admission to the yearly summer picnic.
Dear Tomahawk Lake Neighbor,
When I can’t be at the lake, I often look at the beautiful photos that neighbors post to the Tomahawk Lake Association (TLA) Facebook page. I’m always struck by the lake’s beauty and the passion of our community. Protecting the lake’s beauty is the TLA’s purpose. I’m writing to ask your help.
In 2011, TLA inaugurated the Fair Share program, asking every property owner to contribute their “Fair Share” to help control invasive species in our lake. Last year, we successfully raised $80,101 but engaged less lake enthusiasts than the year before. We have yet to achieve our goal of 75 percent participation among the 400 lake property owners – only 225, or 56 percent, of the property owners participated last year.
This year, our goal is to secure Fair Share contributions from at least 75 percent of lake property owners. Only as a mobilized community will we maintain long term protection of the lake.
While our treatments were successful in 2012, we have a tough battle ahead. In order to control invasive species long term, we need to remain diligent in our treatment efforts each and every year. To achieve our goal, we need your help.
- First, please make your tax-deductible $270 Fair Share contribution – with money or time. Enclosed is a membership and donation pledge form outlining the benefits of participation. Payments can be made yearly, quarterly or monthly and can be charged to a credit card. New this year, consider volunteering 20 hours of your time as your Fair Share contribution. Please contact Ned Greedy (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
- Second, help us spread the word. Take a look at last year’s donor list (enclosed) to see if your friends and neighbors are participating. If not, convince them! We encourage your children and grandchildren and others who love the lake, to donate as a “Friend of the Lake.” We will send quarterly reminders to anyone we haven’t heard from.
We are faced with a significant challenge on Tomahawk Lake. While invasive species will never go away completely, it can be managed if we act together, as a community. Please do your part today! If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 608-658-2006.
President, Tomahawk Lake Association, Inc.